The Federal State Unitary Enterprise “All-Russia Research Institute
of Automatics named after
N.L. Dukhov” (VNIIA) founded in 1954 is one of the leading research enterprises of the State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM.
Decree of the President of the Russian Federation in 2014 nominated VNIIA with a special status of Federal Nuclear Organization (FNO).
In 1964 the Institute was named after its first leader - Nikolay Dukhov, thrice Hero of the Socialist Labor, correspondent-member of the Soviet Academy of Sciences, Lieutenant-General of Corps of Engineers.
Structural integration of the units that develop and manufacture technologically similar products, as well as recent merger of VNIIA and three large enterprises of Rosatom allowed several research and production centers to be established at the Institute that are located on five production sites in Moscow and in the Moscow region. Products, developed and serially produced at the Institute, have properties that are typically superior to the best domestic and foreign analogues, and provide unmatched reliability. The quality system being in force at the Institute since 1978 has been significantly upgraded based on the developed complexes of related standards regulating the functions of the units in all areas of activity. The Institute won more than once prestigious awards for the quality-related efforts, including the Quality Award of the Government of the Russian Federation.