Main: Radiation monitors: GNOME-5|
Hand-held radiation monitor "GNOME-5" booklet (PDF ~ 1,27 Mb)
- scanning people, transport vehicles and railway cars that pass the checkpoints in order to prevent potential theft of nuclear and radioactive materials (SNM) that emit neutrons;
- monitoring of environment radioactive contamination (area, rooms), food products, hold up and leakage of radioactive materials from pipelines and etc.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION: detecting neutron radiation of NRM on the natural background, which is measured and taken into account during signal analysis.
COMPONENTS: small-dimension remote detection unit, control unit and a coupling rod (extender).
|Detection threshold at scanning speed no more than 0.5 m/s at distance 10 cm
||10 g Pu
|False alarm frequency
||Set in the range 0.1 to 1.0 per minute
||4 ÀÀ batteries
|Time of continuous operation
|Operating temperature range
||-40 to +50 °Ñ
|Weight (without the rod and external moderator)
|Weight of the external moderator
|Dimensions of the control unit
|Dimensions of the detection unit
||Ø 65õ175 mm
|Dimensions of the external moderator
||Ø 85õ175 mm
- The monitor is composed of two units: remote detector and control unit that can be connected directly forming a compact monoblock or with using a 0.5...3 m long rod. This construction allows easily inspecting places, which are difficult for access.
- The monitor is equipped with the audio and digital indication. Whenever the NRM radiation exceeds the alarm threshold, the monitor makes a sound, the tonality of which changes depending on the neutron count rate.
- The monitor can scan transport vehicles and packages with the external moderator and scan people without it.
- The monitor has the automatic battery discharge indication.
- The monitor can be connected to PC via a standard interface.
- The detection unit can turn on 90°.
|© FSUE "VNIIA", 2002-2015|