Main: Radiation monitors: TSRM82|
Radiation monitoring system TSRM82 booklet (PDF ~ 1,4 Mb)
- automatic detection of nuclear and radioactive materials (NRM) substances to prevent illicit trafficking through pedestrian and transport checkpoints
- monitoring the radioactive contamination of transport vehicles, environment, and detection of ionizing radiation sources in different technological and production processes.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION: detecting NRM X-rays and gamma radiation in the range 40 to 3000 keV on the natural background, which is measured and taken into account during signal analysis.
COMPONENTS: power and control unit (PCU), 1 to 8 detection units (DU) and set of connection cables.
|Detection threshold (for one DU, 3 s monitoring time at the distance of 50 cm from DU):
|Nuclear materials (g)
||1,8 (U-235); 0,15 (Pu-239)
|Radioactive materials (kBq)
||87 (Co-60); 102 (Cs-137);
70 (Am-241); 107 (Ra-226)
|For gamma radiation exposure rate exceeding the background, (μR/h)
||12 (Co-60); 3,4 (Cs-137);
0,47 (Am-241); 10,8 (Ra-226)
|Range of monitoring time adjustment
||1 - 100 s
|False alarm frequency
||1 per 1000 passages
||Mains 220 V AC, 50 Hz, 30 W
|Continuous operating time
|Operating temperature range
||-40 to +50 °Ñ
|Weight of the detection unit
||no more than 1,7 kg
|Weight of the power and control unit
||no more than 1,6 kg
|Detection unit dimensions
|Power and control unit dimensions
- The number of detection units (from 1 to 8) and the distance between them can be selected on the basis of the existing configuration of the monitoring area, detection threshold and NM type.
- Small dimensions of the detection unit and the structural flexibility make it possible to install the TSRM61 at checkpoints of any type easily and quickly, including those being in operation; it is also possible to use them in doorways and conveyors for examining luggage, hand luggage, mail items, etc.
- RS485 (RS232) Interface allows using TSRM61 jointly with other systems.
- Audio, digital and light indication provides for easy setup and off-line operation.
- The software allows adjusting detection sensitivity on site.
- Maintenance is carried out without reference materials, and measurement equipment once in 1.5 years.
|© FSUE "VNIIA", 2002-2015|